Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 September 2011

‘There is no beef’ -1 NOT

 Sibusiso Banda
1 Not performimg at the open session  

A member of the famous TUT hip hop 1 Not S’fiso Masuku has rubbished the rumours that there is “beef” between his crew and the solo rapper Douglas Madhlangobe.
“We hold is nothing personal and we don’t hold anything against him because we understand the language. Mom is mom and the F-word is the F-word. That’s how we do it. So there is no beef.”
The rumours started last Friday at a fully attended voluntarily open mic session hosted at TUT’s north campus by the Accommodation, Residents Life and Catering (ARC), when  Douglas Madhlangobe when on stage and immediately summoned each of the more than ten member crew 1 Not after their stage performance to a battle with him alone.
“He (referring to Douglas) is a very good guy that is well talented. I mean he does everything in a freestyle manner-just out of his mind. I love the way he rhymes and his energy.”
Douglas who was crowd the winner of the battled by the hundreds of students who were present at the session says he had a lesson to teach 1 not about their music.
“I wanted to teach these boys that the type of music that they are doing is not Hip Hop because their sound is too low and they act like their good. So on the real; I wanted to check whether they are really hip hop people. That’s why I asked for a battle because normally cats will battle me for such things.
“They are a bunch of ten cats but they can’t battle one guy. If they had battled me and beat me I would respect them but just because of the fact that they didn’t do anything, I won’t respect them. They are still under me.”

No comments: