Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 January 2013

COMING SOON: Fatherhood in the Banda FAMILY

It seems as if Fatherhood in the Banda calendar has come up earlier, and I have to admit it, I myself I just can’t wait. I got the news a few months ago. At first I was lost in the wonderful world of surprise.

Let me clarify that so that you don’t get me wrong.  What I mean is that I was so excited that for the first two days after being told I couldn’t even begin to describe my excitement in words. I wanted to share my excitement with someone so I called my parents in Vosloorus to tell them that I was coming.

Normally they know that I don’t call unless telling them that I and my friends (when I say friends they know that I mean my girlfriend) and I will be going out for the weekend, so I would like them to send my cousin to come and stay in place while I’m not around. So back to the story, the days that followed were just full surprises.



Now in the dining room with my parents,YOU  would swear that the room was empty because silent has just taken the room. So I decide to break the silent. As I was about to alter a single world, I don’t know what happen but I got the feeling from looking at their faces that they already know what I am about to tell them. My father who I didn't see that he was holding the hi-fi remote, rapidly raised his hand, fear took the best of me and I when for defence mode position.

Music started playing. I then recognised the “happy mode song”, it’s a classical song (I don’t know from which year), that my father plays when he is happy about something. My mother went to talk “umzukulu (grandson)” mode, with her dimples on. Just an hour later, it then it became national braai day, as I then saw that everybody that I know was now dancing in my yard.
Even to this very day in age I still don’t know who or how the news got to my family or how and when the invitations to my short notice surprise party got out. But what I know its that the day we (I and my future wife) went to the hospital to do an ultrasonic scan was just the cherry on top to the day, I will never forget THAT DAY and I will definitely tell my first born. As I share with you this happiest moment in my life I’m looking at the ultrasonic photo and smiling.

# I’m sorry if you believed what you have just read but its all mentally formulated as we are doing a statistic study to determine how many people, from where, when visit this blog.
With regards Sibusiso Banda, the blog editor.

No comments: